Friday, December 26, 2008
"I asked a lot of questions. I received no answers. That was ok. I just really needed to tell Jesus how I was feeling as accurately as I could express it ... Pretending you are nobler than you are keeps it covered and God can't heal anything that is hidden. If you are angry, troubled, faithless, disappointed, pessimistic, disillusioned, or even cynical He already knows. So why try to hide it. Just tell him. Confess. Admit to him that you know what you are feeling is wrong and you don't like feeling that way but at the moment that's just the way it is.
Then after spilling your guts ask him to help you change and get it right ... In order to be filled with what is right you have to be emptied of what is wrong. So pour it out and then He'll pour in some good stuff. It is my experience that most of the questions don't totally evaporate but the pounding preponderance of them subsides for a while. That seems to be what it's all about. Not evading or escaping but making things manageable. He is a burden bearer, burden sharer not a total burden eliminator."
-Bishop Willoughby (from miriam's blog)